Full-time (remote / work from home)
The Canadian Men’s Health Foundation (CMHF) is a national, non-profit organization established in 2014 with a mission to inspire Canadian men and their families to live healthier. The statistics around men’s health in Canada are alarming; men are 40% more likely to die from cancer, 70% more likely to die from heart disease and live an average of nine years in extremely poor health. Yet, 70% of men’s health problems are preventable by adopting healthier lifestyles. CMHF provides information, tools and motivation to help guys make small changes to live healthier that benefit their family and community.
CMHF is looking to hire a Marketing Coordinator.
We are looking for a self-motivated Marketing Coordinator to report to the Manger, SEO & Content.
The Marketing Coordinator will support the marketing team by creating and managing paid search campaigns, publishing content, helping to keep our email lists engaged, diving into analytics to pull out actionable insights, and providing support for our SEO strategy. It is okay if you are skilled in some of these areas but not all. We are happy to share our knowledge and expertise with you, so you can learn a new skill or two along the way. We want to find someone who is keen to grow with us as our organization grows.
What matters to us the most is that you have an amazing attitude alongside an eagerness to learn and a basic understanding of what these roles entail. Ideally, you are someone who operates from both the left and right sides of the brain. If you can geek out on data and have a knack for being creative, you will be a great fit.
Last but not least, we are looking for someone who will contribute to the positive work environment we have created. We are fortunate to have a wonderful group of people to work alongside and hope this is something you value too.
- Work with the SEO Manager to develop, implement, and manage paid search strategies for regular ongoing health programming and for special campaigns, like Men’s Health Month
- Write ad copy
- Create visuals for display campaigns
- Work with Google Ads, Facebook Ads, and YouTube video promotion
- Be open to any other new areas we might grow into
- Create monthly reports
- Help develop strategies for new and existing email marketing lists
- Help to develop email and newsletter content to send to our lists
- Help to program email content using Mailchimp
Search Engine Optimization
- Work with the SEO Manager to work on tasks associated with regularly scheduled site audits
- Stay on top of best practices for technical SEO for our website properties
- Improve the quality of our content using insights from Google Analytics and Search Console
- Help the content co-ordinator to publish posts
- Have the ability to dive into Google Analytics and other software to help the team understand what content is working and driving engagement
- Support the marketing team with monthly, quarterly and annual reporting
Skills & Qualifications
- Degree, diploma, or equivalent experience in online marketing, SEO, or PPC
- 1+ years of experience in one or more of the following: PPC, SEO, or email marketing
- Experience working with Google Ads, Facebook Ads, and YouTube video promotion
- At least some basic knowledge and understanding of what SEO is and how it works
- Some knowledge on how to create graphics for ad campaigns
- Experience using data from Google Analytics to create meaningful insights
- Experience using Mailchimp to create email marketing campaigns
- Bonus points if you know how to re-engage email subscribers who have stopped opening emails
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong collaboration and relationship-building skills
- Solid organizational skills and detail-oriented
- Proactive, willing to take initiative, and able to work independently
- Understanding of brand voice and able to represent brands in an authentic, relatable way
- Some experience in the not-for-profit industry is a plus
- This position is currently remote due to COVID-19