Front End Developer & Website Designer with Strong SEO
The Canadian Men’s Health Foundation is looking for an outstanding Website Designer/Developer to be responsible for the coding and upkeep of our health and medical-related websites. You will also be responsible for creating user friendly templates and collaborating with our marketing team to be more efficient in their posting on pay-per-click display advertising, social media, the blog, email, and other channels.
Full-time, Permanent – Vancouver, BC
The ideal candidate will have at least 3-5 years of experience in WordPress front-end design and development and be thoroughly fluent in HTML/CSS and designing beautiful, responsive websites. In addition, the sites will need to be optimized to Search Engine traffic and to the use of tools to measure page performance and optimize conversions. You should have intermediate hands-on skill within Adobe Creative Suite or similar technologies.
The position will report directly to the Digital Media Manager.
- Analyze user experience problems and create design solutions that meet business goals.
- Working knowledge developing cross platform/browser compatible dynamic web, video and mobile web applications. Web developer will not only know how to update our websites but also know how to build websites and work in tandem with content development team to create copy and optimize the website.
- 3+ years’ experience and working knowledge developing websites and web applications from the ground up utilizing HTML, CSS, jQuery, PHP and JS.
- Skilled in building responsive sites.
- Thorough knowledge of PHP especially in implementing WordPress.
- Expert-level command of hand-coded, standards compliant, cross-browser/device HTML/CSS/JS.
Ability to troubleshoot issues cross-browser for everything from IE8 to iPad and all the Androids in-between.
- 3+ years working on websites to be delivered to clients, and the ability to handle timelines associated with delivering client work.
- Experience translating PSD comps and annotated wireframes into flexible, well thought-out HTML templates.
- Experience working with managing sites using version control software like SVG.
- Experience with website migration without loss of SEO.
- Experience with web performance software and analysis of data to make improvement site or pages.
- Experience with building and optimizing landing pages.
- Experience using ticket tracking systems to log bugs and tasks.
- Understands marketing and multi-platform user-friendly elements.
- Works well under pressure and meets established deadlines.
- Communicates well both verbally and written.
- “On trend”, creative, artistic, sophisticated design skills.
- Works well in a team capacity as well as independently.
Academic & Experience Requirements
- Undergraduate degree or diploma in Digital Design & Development and/or 3-5 years’ equivalent experience in website design and development field.
Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, including examples of your work.