South Asian Content Writer (BC remote or Vancouver)
Part-time hourly position (remote / work from home)
The Canadian Men’s Health Foundation (CMHF) is a national charity with a mission to inspire Canadian men and their families to live healthier. We know we make a difference in the health of Canadian men through our evidenced-based and validated digital platform called Don’t Change Much (DCM).
CMHF is looking to hire a South Asian Content Writer / Blogger on a part-time basis.
We don’t take ourselves too seriously and we know that guys enjoy health content that is informative, relatable, and fun.
Do you want to help South Asian men aged 30 to 50 live healthier? Do you want to work in a fun, team-based environment where you help to create humorous, engaging, and informative health content? If so, then we want to hear from you.
The Ideal Candidate
- Has writing and blogging experience
- Understands the South Asian community and how South Asian guys think
- Is a dynamic, detail-oriented, self-starter
As our content writer, you’ll be responsible for pitching new ideas and creating compelling lifestyle and health content for our South Asian audience. You’ll coordinate with and be accountable to our editorial team.
To get a better idea of what we do and what type of writer we’re looking for, check out these blogs from our DCM website:
- What The Colour of Your Pee Says About Your Health
- Funniest things guys say to doctors about prostate exams
- Don’t worry, be healthier — one small step at a time
- Let your taste buds do the bhangra
- Create compelling blogs in English for our South Asian audience
- Participate in ideation and creation of content as part of the editorial process
- Write content to maintain a cohesive DCM brand while ensuring content is culturally relevant to the South Asian community
Skills and Experience
- Demonstrate writing skills for our target audience including DCM tone and style
- One or more years of writing experience
- Knowledge of South Asian culture and Canadian pop culture
- Must be eligible to work in Canada
Compensation will depend on experience and fit for the position.
Your job application requires both a cover letter AND resume. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Application & Qualification: Ongoing