Men’s Health Social Media Specialist
Contact position, part-time (remote / work from home)
The Canadian Men’s Health Foundation (CMHF) is a national, non-profit organization established in 2014 with a mission to inspire Canadian men and their families to live healthier. The statistics around men’s health in Canada are alarming; men are 40% more likely to die from cancer, 70% more likely to die from heart disease and live an average of nine years in extremely poor health. Yet, 70% of men’s health problems are preventable by adopting healthier lifestyles. CMHF provides information, tools and motivation to help guys make small changes to live healthier that benefit their family and community.
CMHF is looking to hire a Men’s Health Social Media Specialist.
We are looking for a driven and creative Men’s Health Social Media Specialist to strengthen customer relationships and take our social media presence to the next level. Reporting to the Marketing Strategist, Community & Advocacy, this position is responsible for the development and execution of a social strategy that will support the goals of the marketing team and the organization. This is a 6 month part-time contract position with the opportunity for extension.
As the Men’s Health Social Media Specialist you will help us to move our mission forward by turning awareness into meaningful engagement across owned, earned, and paid social media channels, ensuring our messages are seen and engaging the right target audiences.
- Develop a strategy with the Marketing Strategist for all social channels that will grow awareness, engagement, web traffic and conversions
- Use a ‘test and learn’ approach to optimize content for each channel (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn)
- Maintain social media calendars, schedule posts, assemble visual media, and write compelling captions that engage the target audience
- Find great UGC and curate in a way that adds value for our target audience and reflects our expertise in men’s health
- Work with the marketing team to implement boosting campaigns where appropriate
- Monitor comments across owned social channels and websites, creatively engaging customers to drive favourable relationships and conversations
- Identify trends in audience engagement/feedback to share with the marketing team
- Use social listening tools to identify and engage in conversations where there is a natural tie in to form connections with our target audience
- Discover and cultivate relationships with industry influencers to optimize our reach and engagement
- Dive into the analytics to generate weekly and monthly metrics reports using standardized tools
- Glean insights based on the data analytics, and assist in developing actionable recommendations
- Write press releases and provide external communications with media in support of campaigns, fundraising, and other initiatives as assigned.
Skills & Qualifications
- Degree, diploma, or equivalent experience in marketing, communications or public relations
- Three (3) years work experience in social media marketing with demonstrated success increasing engagement and website traffic
- Excellent copywriting and communication skills
- Understanding of brand voice and able to represent brands in an authentic, relatable way
- Advanced working knowledge of Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Twitter, and LinkedIn
- Experience working with analytics within the social channels, as well as external platforms
- Comfortable translating data into insights and using that insight to optimize social media strategy
- Strong collaboration and relationship-building skills
- Proactive and willing to take initiative, able to work independently
- Experience with writing press releases, media distribution, and pitching mainstream media
- Working knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, or other tools to create your own content an asset
- Some experience in the not-for-profit industry is a plus
If this sounds like you, please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. We truly appreciate all applicants for their interest and will contact those being considered for the position.