Manager, Brand & Campaigns
Full-time (remote / work from home)
The Canadian Men’s Health Foundation (CMHF) is a national, non-profit organization established in 2014 with a mission to inspire Canadian men and their families to live healthier. The statistics around men’s health in Canada are alarming; men are 40% more likely to die from cancer, 70% more likely to die from heart disease and live an average of nine years in extremely poor health. Yet, 70% of men’s health problems are preventable by adopting healthier lifestyles. CMHF provides information, tools and motivation to help guys make small changes to live healthier that benefit their family and community.
CMHF is looking to hire a Manager, Brand & Campaigns.
We are looking for a Manager, Brand & Campaigns, who knows how quality integrated work can drive a business forward while ensuring that all messaging and content are relevant to the target audience and aligned to brand objectives.
The Manager, Brand & Campaigns creates engaging, consumer-driven campaigns to increase brand awareness, engagement, traffic and consideration, leading to conversion. In collaboration with health researchers, marketing specialists, and creatives you will oversee the development of compelling, integrated campaigns across owned, earned and paid channels.
Reporting to the Director, Marketing & Communications, this role will manage external communications and team members responsible for telling CMHF’s brand story and amplifying health programming through influencers, social media, traditional, and online media.
- Work with the Director, Marketing & Communication to define, refresh, and clearly communicate brand guidelines and objectives across the team.
- Help to define audiences, customer journey, appropriate messaging and content required to deliver on overall marketing strategy.
- Responsible for upholding the voice, personality and brand standards in all communications and campaigns.
- Create briefs for integrated marketing and brand campaigns.
- Use consumer insights, competitor trends and marketing opportunities to develop relevant strategic approaches to campaigns built on SMART planning that identifies marketing goals, bench-marked metrics, and marketing targets.
- Develop and present campaign briefs to relevant stakeholders and develop presentations for internal and external communication as needed.
- Lead the team through all stages of campaign development, execution and post-analysis, including Discovery, Objective, Design, Build, Launch and Learn.
- Provide insightful, objective and relevant feedback to creative teams, so they deliver content that is on brand and answers campaign briefs.
- Work closely and collaboratively with the team and our partners to ensure campaign messaging and visual assets are consistent across all channels.
- Analyze results of campaigns and programs, draw conclusions and develop actionable recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Ensure all campaigns are delivered on schedule and within budget, identifying variances between actual and budgeted financials with the Director, Marketing & Communications.
- Oversee traditional and online media, social media, and influencer marketing.
- In collaboration with the Director, Marketing & Communications; create and lead the execution of the external communications plan that supports the brand goals and overall marketing objectives.
- Manage team members, contractors, and/or agencies responsible for social media, influencer marketing and public relations.
- Ensure team members from all levels of the organization receive communications training and support for interviews and broadcast segments, content for pitching and responding to requests for coverage.
- Support with managing key influencers and partnerships as required.
- Responsible for key results tracking and evaluation including year-round tracking of media hits, influencer activity, and social media key metrics.
- Track monthly and annual budget including forecasting, invoice processing, and identifying variances between actual and budgeted financials with the Director, Marketing & Communications.
Skills & Qualifications
- Degree, diploma, or equivalent experience in marketing, communications or public relations
- 7+ years of experience in one or more of the following: brand strategy and management, marketing campaigns or public relations.
- 1+ years of experience managing and mentoring junior team members, external agencies and/or contractors
- Experience creating marketing briefs and working with Creative teams
- Experience presenting metrics and progress to goal to senior leadership
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong collaboration and relationship-building skills
- Proactive, willing to take initiative, and able to work independently
- Understanding of brand voice and able to represent brands in an authentic, relatable way
- Advanced working knowledge of Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Twitter, and LinkedIn
- Experience with writing press releases, media distribution, and pitching mainstream media
- Comfortable translating data into insights and using that insight to optimize campaigns
- Some experience in the not-for-profit industry is a plus