Canadian Men’s Health Foundation (CMHF) is a national, non-profit organization. The mission of CMHF is to inspire Canadian men to live healthier lives. CMHF is creating a new social movement to motivate men to use health information and lifestyle programs in ways they can hear, absorb, and act on.
We love the difference we make to the men of Canada to help inspire them to live a healthier life. To do this we recognize that we have a strong sense of culture and shared values. These values are the core values of CMHF that are evidenced in the corporate culture and the general work ethic: Entrepreneurial, Results Driven, Trusted, Balanced.
CMHF is looking to expand our team and wishes to recruit the ideal Grant Writer.
This is a temporary full-time position starting mid-October 2018, with a potential for extension after March 2019.
Full-time, Temporary – Toronto, ON
The ideal candidate is a driven and talented individual with a health or public health background and technical writing experience. You will work closely with the Partnerships Managers based in downtown Toronto to create a database of grant and funding opportunities and help advance funding initiatives.
- Administer and manage the full Grants cycle (research, prepare proposals, manage planning and execution, regular communication with stakeholders, writing reports, etc.)
- Conduct new prospect research and analysis, develop briefing notes, presentations, and grant proposals
- Gather competitive information and identify potential opportunities/challenges in government funding, private foundations, and community/corporate foundations.
- Develop and implement a process to track and prioritize different applications based on deadline, size, importance, and fit as well as tracking after submission.
- Reach out to funding organizations for guidance and additional leads.
- Use existing CMHF documents and organization feedback to gain insights for
each grant application.
- Write and submit applications with management support.
- Participate in the deployment of best practices around CMHF’s approach to
public and private funding
- Other duties and support as needed for the delivery of CMHF strategic priorities
and key deadlines.
Skills and Experience:
- Experience in successful grant writing and coordinating process.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in not for profit sector.
- Talented communicator, including written, verbal, and listening skills.
- Proven technical and analytical mindset, and excellent research abilities.
- A background in health or public health is an asset.
- Proven ability to work independently, take initiative and manage workload while participating collaboratively in a team environment.
- Passion to learn about men’s health and provide resources to support men and their families.
- Great attention to detail.
- Able to bring your best self to work, a proven willingness to learn and develop
new skills, and a desire to understand and deliver on the organization’s goals and
- Formal education in communications or writing is an asset.
- French language is an asset.
- Must be eligible to work in Canada.
Submission Deadline: Friday, September 21, 2018
Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.